As a lot of children are leaving us this September, it is time to register new children. If you are staying at the Centre, there will be a fall survey that will be going out shortly. Please fill it out as best as you can and hand it in by the due date.
It is important that I have everyone’s schedule as soon as possible, in order to let new parents know when we have space for their children.
We are closed the week of August 19th for registration week. Please make sure that you empty out all your belongings in your cubby.
A reminder that if your last month is August, you need to let me know via e-mail by July 26th, if you have not already let me know (verbal communication does not count). We only return your refund deposit at the end of every semester (April, August and December). If you leave mid-semester, it is in our policy that you will not receive your refund deposit back.
We hope everyone has a wonderful summer and good luck to all the children that are off to school in September!
Upon arrival please take your child to the washroom. If your child does not need to use the washroom, please make sure that your child washes his/her hands before playing with toys. As well, if your child is still in diapers, please make sure they have enough diapers for the day in their bathroom cubby.
Please remember to label all of your child’s belongings. This way all items will be back in your child’s cubby and there will be no confusion. Items without labels can be found in the lost and found bin in the cubby
ITEMS FROM BACKPACK:
When arriving to the Centre, please remember to take out any items from your child’s backpack and put it above in their basket in their cubby. Items such as their hats, sunscreens, water play items, extra clothing, etc., should be in their baskets. This makes it easier for staff to grab before heading outside and to ensure we do not forget any items for your child to wear outside.
Now that it is summer, please remember to bring things for water play for your child (bathing suit, swimmers (diapers), towel, water shoes, and an extra bag to put wet swimsuit in, etc.) as we will be enjoying water play when it is hot outside.
On top of the divider board, we have documentation for all the children. Please feel free to take a look in your child’s documentation binder to see their learning through play
SORRY LEE WIGGINS IS CLOSED ON:
• Monday August 5, 2019 for Civic Holiday
• Monday August 19 to Friday August 23, 2019 for Registration (FEES ARE PRORATED)
Families who register their child for ONE year or THREE consecutive semesters may take ten vacation days without being charged. Five consecutive business days of vacation may be taken at a time. All other vacation time will be considered payable days. Families who register their child for TWO semesters may take five consecutive business days of vacation and not be charged. All other vacation time will be payable.
Parents MUST notify Stephanie TWO weeks prior to taking vacation
TIPS TO GET READY FOR BIG SCHOOL
It’s that time of the year again, to say goodbye to some of our amazing older friends! We would like to say goodbye and give our best regards to the children and the families that are leaving the Centre. We have enjoyed building a relationship and exploring with your children and will truly miss each and every one of you. We look forward to your visit and to hear all about big school!
• Establish strong routines at home: bedtime routines,
reading routines & family mealtime routines
• Encourage independence and self-care
• Talk to your child and tell them what to expect in big school by expressing excitement and enthusiasm (who the teacher will be, the daily school routine, talk about your own experiences when you went to school & involve your child when going school shopping)
• Arrange for your child to spend time with relatives or family friends so they can develop a growing sense of independence and capacities for communicating needs with other adults
• If you have registered your child for big school already, go for a visit before the first day so they can familiarize themselves with the school and have an idea of where they will be attending
• Lastly, just HAVE FUN! We will miss our older friends and we wish the best of luck to everyone!
PLACES TO GO IN THE SUMMER
• Centreville Amusement Park: www.centreisland.ca
• Canadian National Exhibition (CNE):
• LEGOLand Discovery Centre Toronto: www.legolanddiscoverycentre.ca/toron to
• Toronto Zoo: www.torontozoo.com
• Pirate Life: www.piratelife.ca
• Riverdale Farm: http://riverdalefarmtoronto.ca/
EASY SUMMER TREAT - WATERMELON POPS
• 1 large round slice of
watermelon (cut 1 inch thick)
• 8 wooden lollipop sticks
Cut the slice of watermelon into 8 triangle portion. Use a knife to make a slit in the skin of each portion and push the wooden stick into the slit.
Freeze on a plate or baking tray for 1 hour. You can then transfer the pops into freezer bags to store.